Welcome to Holy Cross College Ryde.
Holy Cross College seeks to offer a quality Catholic education that maximises the potential of every boy in our care.
The college was founded in 1891 by the Patrician Brothers. The charism of the Patrician Brothers is marked by a commitment to ‘seeing the face of Christ in all we meet’ in our daily lives. The school remains committed to this Patrician ideal. It translates into school life that:
- Welcomes all, seeking to build a community of hospitality and inclusion
- Expects high standards in academic work and student behaviour
- Challenges all in the school community to develop a real spirit of justice that makes a difference to the way we live our lives
- Celebrates and sanctifies life and everything in school life that is life-giving.
With expansive grounds, heritage buildings and a long and proud sporting and academic tradition, Holy Cross continues to serve the Sydney Catholic community as an outstanding day school for boys from Years 7–12.
Mr Phillip Stewart
Holy Cross College Ryde is a Catholic secondary school established in the tradition of the Patrician Brothers.
In 1808, Bishop Daniel Delany established in Ireland the Congregation of the Brothers of St Patrick and sought to have the youth of his native land instructed in the principles and lifestyle of the Gospels.
The Patrician Brothers arrived in New South Wales in 1883, opening a boarding college at Ryde in 1891. The college moved to its present site in 1896. The great sandstone edifice which is now a landmark of the district gradually rose on the heights above the Parramatta River.
Now in its third century, Holy Cross College has established a long and rich tradition of academic, cultural and sporting success while community life in the college is imbued with the Patrician charism of welcome, hospitality, hard work and care for others.
Quality Catholic education in the tradition of the Patrician Brothers.
We honour our Patrician heritage by ensuring that we:
- Work together to build a strong, faith-filled community committed to academic excellence
- Commit to hard work in study and play
- Are prepared to make the sacrifices necessary to achieve good outcomes for all
- Care for each member of our local community and the wider world, particularly those at the margins
- Foster a sense of a positive, hope-filled future
- Remember that little things matter.
Holy Cross College Ryde is part of the Ryde-Gladesville Catholic Parish. Father Greg Morgan, our parish priest and Father Alfredo Serrano, our assistant priest take an active role and interest in the school supporting and nurturing the faith of our students, staff and families.
Parish Priest: Fr Greg Morgan
Ryde-Gladesville Catholic Parish
A: 2a Charles Street, Ryde NSW 2112
P: (02) 9807 2966
|Sunday||8.00am, 10:00am, 6.00pm|
|Wednesday||8.00am at Holy Cross College (in school term only)|
|Wednesday||9.20am at St Charles|
Proudly Part of the Community of Sydney Catholic Schools
Our school is part of a system of over 150 low-fee Catholic schools in the Sydney Archdiocese.
Sydney Catholic Schools are thriving Catholic communities that ignite a love of Christ through excellent teaching and learning to empower students to reach their full potential.